Leading a Bible study class:
The format of The Revised Common Lectionary Bible Study is designed so that people with very little teaching or Bible study experience can lead a group through the weekly lessons. The following hints will help to make the class attractive to newcomers, permit the group to stay on the subject under discussion and finish in a timely manner. Each leader will have to make adjustments for individual class needs.
Helpful hints for leading a class:
• The person in charge of the class is not primarily a teacher, but rather a
• The location and starting time for class should be published in the church
bulletin, newsletter, etc.
• It is best if participants work through the weekly lesson prior to the class and write down answers in their workbooks. The leader should do the same.
• Try to call on everyone.
• There are more helpful hints in the "Leaders' Guide"
• Download a printable Leaders' Guide by clicking HERE.